Saturday, March 19, 2011

Farmers' Market Figs

This morning the kiddies and I cycled over to the local farmers' market. It really is a highlight of our weekend. There are some council restrictions which only allow them to open every second weekend, but we take it when we can.

I took the plunge and bought some kale so I am sure I will be spending the rest of the day searching for something to do with it. It just looked so green that it had to go into the basket.


Another purchase of the day was some fabulous figs. I am a huge fan of dried figs as I love the sweet, gritty texture of them. Fresh figs are a bit of a treat. As I was lining up I heard the girl behind me talk about having them with icecream so I think that making a fresh batch will be on the 'to do' list for this weekend. A teaspoon of vanilla paste should work well in the mix. I might even end up changing my mind and going for a Jamie Oliver style salad with figs and goats cheese.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...