Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dipping my toes in the Raw Food waters

I like to think that we will have a go at just about any foods here, so when one of my dear friend forwarded me a link to My New Roots (Aussies, giggle here!) and in particular the Raw Brownie recipe, it was one of those things I knew I would have to try before the end of the week.

It is so simple.


The author of My New Roots, Sarah Britton, comments that these will change your life. I would definitely have to agree with her. Sarah even adds a lot of nutritional information that I will let you read via her site.


My nearly 20 year old food processor certainly earned its keep today. I am sure that those with a Thermomix could have this made before I had even put my old machine together.

Next time I would make the almond pieces much smaller. I thought I had given them a really good chop in the processor but the ones at the bottom where still too big. I think I would actually process them down to meal so that everyone in the house will eat them.

See you Friday. I am really excited about a project that is going to be launched this week. I hope you will join in.

Take care

I just found another recipe here that is just about the same but also adds a little vanilla. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. Dixiebelle, it tastes amazing. I think that next time I will put in a little less cacao. It is incredible to think that there is no sugar, only the fructose from the dates. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...