Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's a Good Time to Try Something New

We have been living out of a backpack now for just over three weeks and tomorrow we start a bit more of a settled existence. (More to come on that later).

While doing some general web surfing over at TED talks, which I just love do to, I came across this video by Matt Cutts.

It was a great reminder that time can just slip by if you allow yourself to just do the same old thing day in, day out. This is certainly what I had been doing before this trip. I have decided that between now and the end of the week I need to decide on something new that I am going to try for 30 days. It may even be something as simple as read a book a week or learn to cook some new foods. I could even settle on learning a new word each day to help me get by in the new country.

Anyone care to join me on a 30 day challenge?

Take care

5 comments:

  1. love TED. love this idea. I'm in...now to think of my "something new." thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I'm in too. I am going to learn to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't decide! so I decided to simply do/try/eat something new every day for 30 days. yesterday I made homemade mayonnaise for the first time. not sure yet what's new for today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona, I can't wait to see what you make. Affirms of mine loves to crochet and takes it with her everywhere it is her addiction.

    Dmarie, the mayo looks so delicious. Perfect for boiled egg and lettuce sandwich. I can' t wait to see what you decide on next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...