Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Sweet Smell of Success (or onions)

Is there anything sweeter than the smell of onions slowly cooking away in a bit of oil and butter. It always seems to fill the house with an amazing aroma that has everyone asking "What's cooking?"


This Easter I decided to make some savoury treats for my parents and in-laws as they either aren't real chocolate fans (I don't get it either) or shouldn't really be eating lots of sugar. After a great success with a caramelised onion tart a few weeks earlier, I thought this was a great option. Don't you just love the colour from the eggs. Mr Mouse seemed a little disappointed to find that neither of the tarts were to be eaten in this house.


Along with a jar of pesto and a loaf of bread these Easter gifts were very well received.

I hope you all had a great Easter and shared the break with those you love.

Take care

4 comments:

  1. I think the smell of onions cooking in oil is one of my favourite smells! You're right, I always ask what's cooking?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In summer it always makes me think of barbecues and in winter it makes me think of soups. Yum.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Mr Mouse. I would have been disappointed seeing those tarts go out the door too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of these tarts might need to make its way back onto the menu one night soon.

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...