Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Breakfast Homework

This week on the Coursera course, homework was to make a nutritious breakfast incorporating carbohydrates, protein and a serve of fruit or veg.

I decided on using a breakfast that has become our staple 'after yoga' meal on a Sunday morning. It is based on the CADA but with some rolled oats and yoghurt added.


I ground a good handful of rolled oats in the food processor and then added a a handful each of cococut, almonds and pitted dates, along with an apple. Give it all a chop together. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt. I love that the amounts are fairly rough. I'm sure many different nuts and seeds could be added, but you would want to make sure that it doesn't get too dry. If I ever win Lotto I will be making it with medjool dates.

This amount feeds two very hungry adults and a child saying "That looks good. Can I have some too?" after already downing a chocolate croissant.

This week's homework, dinner.

Take care

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great and so simple. I love the idea of throwing them all in the blender... and voilĂ !
    Medjool dates are the best. I love one in my smoothie of a morning. 5 sleeps BM...feeling a little anxious/excited. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish the medjool dates weren't so expensive.
      5 sleeps! Woohoo!!!! I am so excited for you all. It will be a most amazing adventure. X

      Delete
  2. Sounds yum! I once bought a whole box of medjool dates at the market. It was 5kg for $20 or something crazy! They freeze really well, so we had dates for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an amazing bargain. I am very impressed.

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...